Constitution and Standing Orders
The Oaten Hill and South Canterbury Association covers the following continuous area of the City of Canterbury, Kent: South-east of the city walls between the Queningate and past the Ridingate to include Rhodaus Town; as far as the Old Sessions House along Longport; as far as the junction with Lichfield Avenue along the New Dover Road; as far as the Kent County Cricket Ground along the Old Dover Road; including St. Lawrence Forstal, Ridlands, Ridlands Farm and adjoining properties, George Roche Road and Holme Oak Close, Nunnery Road and Lansdown Road and including all roads, closes, etc. lying between or feeding into these roads.
The Association is a non-party-political voluntary group constituted to represent, promote and protect the interests of all those resident in the Association’s area. The aim of the Association is to support and improve the quality of life of our community.
- Encouraging a community spirit, and promoting cultural and educational activities e.g. Local History Group,
- Maintaining a balance between residential, business and educational interests,
- The quality of housing and the built environment,
- Conservation and extension of green spaces,
- Improved recreational facilities,
- Safer travel for all road and pavement users, and sustainable transport availability,
- Monitoring the quality and impact of our physical environment, balancing current and future needs, encouraging improvements, resisting deteriorations.